Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Morning

No day is normal around here unless you consider drop-in ex foster kids who think they got their stuff together but the more they talk the more they reveal the truth. They, especially the girls, just want a Mom and Dad to care about them. Mom and Dad can't be bothered, and when confronted by the wounded child the parent responds in the only way they know and manage to shatter all hope. What a sad mess to try to grow up with or without.
This morning we are all up early so I made 2 different kinds of coffee. High octain for my step daughter and decafe for the foster son who is on meds to keep him calm. I figure the teachers might appreciate him not being jacked at 8:30 in the morning. I managed to make a fruit salad that I figure will be sitting there all day for me to nibble on. My step son left with a handful of fruit and puffy eyes from being on a late date with the girl of his dreams. This sounds really serious and we are all happy for them.
My daughters are grown and married so it is really bizare for me to turn back the clock and do this all over again. I was way too young to retire anyway.

No comments: